The RAK7246 is a LoRaWAN® developer gateway is a device composed of a the RAK2246 Pi HAT LPWAN Concentrator module and Raspberry Pi Zero W.
This concentrator module is a Class A and C compliant based on Semtech® SX1308 chip, which allows for simultaneous reception over 8 LoRa channels.RAK7246 is an ideal choice for prototype design, concept verification and demonstrations, development evaluation and other scenarios. It is developer-friendly due to its minimalistic design that reduces cost and allows for easily accessing the internals. It is easy to set-up, which makes it a good choice for both experienced and novice LoRa specialists.
Two models are available – one with a GPS that facilitates exact timing, which is essential for Class B networks, and one without. For those getting started, we feel the non-GPS enabled unit is sufficient unless, given how small the unit is, you take it on the go with you, then it can correctly report its location automatically.
This very capable unit is not primarily designed for deployment – please see the RAKwireless gateway comparison information to choose the correct gateway for your requirements
- Using SX1308 baseband processor, full 8 uplink channels and 1 downlink channel LoRaWAN® Gateway
- The pre-installed radiator guarantees stable thermal performance
- Tx max 20dbm, Rx min -139dbm @ SF12 at 125kHz
- Covers the entirety of the LoRa high-frequency band space: RU864, IN865, EU868, US915, AU915, KR920, AS923
- Power requirement: 5V / 2.5A
- Dimensions: 96mm x 66mm x 47mm
- Enclosure Material: Acrylic
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP30 (mildly splash-proof)
- 1x RAK7246 LPWAN Developer Gateway (RAK2246 and Raspberry Pi Zero W inside)
- 1x LoRa Antenna
- 1x 16GB TF Card with pre-installed firmware
You will need an appropriate USB 5V power supply.